Down Payment Assistance
Owning a home can be made possible with Down Payment Assistance programs available through various sponsors. These programs provide grants and loans that allow first time homebuyers with moderate to low income the opportunity to receive help with down payment and/or closing costs.
Between rising home prices and inflation, it may feel like homeownership is out of reach. However, you could qualify for a loan program or specialty loan that lowers costs and makes homeownership more affordable. Qualifications vary for each program. Let’s discuss your eligibility and specific situation to find a solution that works for you.
Gifts, grants, and other down payment assistance programs
These programs reduce down payment or closing costs and generally do not need to be repaid.
Government agencies, nonprofits, and employers offer forgivable, repayable, or deferred-payment loans for homebuyers who qualify.
Low to no down payment loan programs
• Law enforcement, firefighters, EMTs, and teachers can look into programs offering big discounts on homes in designated areas.
• House hunters in rural areas or borrowers with less-than-perfect credit have options available, too.
• Eligible veterans have access to VA loan benefits.
• Medical professionals can ask about mortgage programs designed just for them.
• First-time homebuyers, including people who have not owned a home in the last three years, can take advantage of homeowner education and special loan programs.